thank you Kristy Tremblay for the poster. image description of it is at the bottom of the post.
Taking place on occupied & unceded Secwepemc territory.
Hosted by Femme For All Collective.
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
Tami Starlight – 2-Spirit Nehiyawak (also known as Cree) elder from the Peguis Nation (Manitoba)
vanessa bui – first-generation Vietnamese youth born on traditional Lekwungen & WSANEC territory (Victoria, BC)
– both currently reside on unceded Coast Salish territory (Vancouver, BC)
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps)
Cost: by donation (no one turned away due to lack of funds)
Location: 225 7th Ave, Smorgasbord, Kamloops BC
Date: Saturday, February 28, 2015 (gregorian calendar)
Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
– discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– anti-oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, & horizontal group/community structures
– catered vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free snacks & tea
– the building, workshop space, and nearby washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation is not available for this event.
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event. For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: http://dualpowerproductions.com/2011/03/14/multiple-chemical-sensitivities-mcs-accessibility-basics/
- This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.
for more information or accessibility requests please email: email@example.com
[image description: a black and white hand drawn poster. at the top it says IN TEXT: DECOLONIZATION AND ANTI-OPPRESSION COMMUNAL WORKSHOP end text. off to the left below the title it says IN TEXT: WITH TAMI STARLIGHT AND VANESSA BUI BY DONATION SAFER SPACE GUIDELINES end text.
in the middle of the poster is a persyn wearing a headdress with their palms up facing outward. there is an oval on their body that goes around their palms. in the chest area is an infinity symbol and has the oval going through the loops on each side. on top of the palms of the hands it says IN TEXT: FEMME FOR ALL COLLECTIVE end text. below the palms is a circle with a cross dividing the circle into even quadrants.
at the bottom of the poster it says IN TEXT: 225 7th Ave, Smorgasbord, Tk’emlups (Kamloops), Unceded Occupied Secwepemc Territory @ 5:00PM
discussion about colonization from an Indigenous context
anti-oppression terminology investigation and circle discussion
grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building
catered vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free snacks & tea
Saturday, February 28, 2015
(gregorian calendar) END TEXT. end description.]